Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Olden of the water


To one of the few living witnesses, an homage…



Amazed at your grandeur I quiver in your shadow.
     Smell of old, smell of water and of dirt.

How to understand your magnificence?
     You just lie still for it all.

Uncountable existences have lain by your shade.
     And innumerable more will pass after my passing.

Encountering your presence I ask…
     …please tell me the stories of old.

How to decipher your silence?
     Watch the sunshine, hear the wind and feel the past.

Unravelling your body takes my mind away.
     One more intricacy of the giant, one more attribute that makes me awe.

Enriched by your existence I stand beside you.
      Proud and strong I feel.

Towards immortality you have pushed our existence.
     Allow me, in the smallest measure, to return this gesture.

Ending these lines I make this homage, Olden of the water.
     Receive my praise, my respect and my love.



No comments:

Post a Comment