Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Blur at dawn


“Who sees the human face correctly:
the photographer, the mirror, or the painter?”
P Picasso

I look at him staring back at me,
Its gaze is heavy and tired,
I don’t recognize him…
…not fully.

Who are you? I ask,
But there is no sound
-I must have used my inner voice-
And as expected, no answer came.

I remember you…
…or at least the idea of you.
You are not what I imagined,
Yet, I wonder if I am what you desired as well.
     -probably not-

I accept you, and you me,
Like we have done many times before.
And with a faint smile I say…
     “…Morning”.




2 comments:

  1. Hey, I like that both of us thought of acceptance and yet had such a different tone and feel to the writing. The feeling I associate your's with is acceptance of age and diversion from childhood dreams.

    But I have to say this one was less visual than your usual ones. I like the idea of using the time of the day which sets the scene, but I guess I was looking to know more about the guy in the mirror who is staring back at you...

    Also typo in first line starring --> staring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, same felling, different tone.

    This one was more personal, I think, it was not so epic and grand, but had an introspective vibe, so less visual aids and a bit more feeling.

    And for the guy on the mirror, well... he is long gone, no use on knowing he who will never be, specially when he accepted that which he became, with a smile.

    Thanks for the typo correction :)

    ReplyDelete